Cabbage goes on sale in March and it’s the perfect time to make this delicious Ham and Cabbage Soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen! You can make this tasty soup in the Instant Pot, in the Slow Cooker, or on the stove.
Go right to the recipe for Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Soup on Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen is a healthy soup you can make in your Instant Pot in less than an hour, and with cabbage, onion, red bell pepper, chopped ham, and a few carrots this is a very low-carb soup. The carrots do add some nice color but you could certainly use less carrots if you prefer even lower carbs. And there’s a slow cooker version too if you prefer that method!
Please promise me you won’t think about the cabbage soup diet when you see this recipe, because this is a savory soup that’s loaded with flavor! Serve hot with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired for a yummy low-carb meal.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- red bell pepper
- carrots (Use less carrots for lower carbs)
- diced lean ham
- bay leaves (optional but good)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), or use other all-purpose seasoning mix
- granulated garlic
- Dried Parsley (affiliate link)
- Beau Monde Seasoning (affiliate link) or season salt (or any all-purpose seasoning that’s good in soup)
- coarse ground black pepper to taste (I used a generous amount of pepper)
- chicken stock or canned chicken broth (affiliate link)
- Goya Ham Flavor Concentrate (affiliate link) or other ham flavor base (optional, but recommended)
Why is this recipe a favorite for me?
I love, love, love cabbage so it’s not surprising I’d like a soup like this where the tender cabbage is the star of the show.
More Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Ideas from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Use From Kalyn’s Kitchen to find other slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes that have been featured on this site!