These Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos can be made in the Instant Pot or the Slow Cooker, and this sounds perfect for a summer meal!
Don’t you think chicken tacos are a perfect idea for a summer dinner? And these Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos from Kalyn’s Kitchen have a cheesy chicken filling that the family will love. Use the Instant Pot or the slow cooker to make this tasty taco dinner. It’s the use of my favorite low-carb tortillas that makes the cheesy chicken tacos into a low-carb dish, and if you don’t care about that use any type of corn or flour tortillas you prefer.
We ate them with a generous topping of cheese plus some sliced olives and green onions, but you could also add salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, sliced avocado, or sour cream if that’s what you like on your tacos. But do try this for a Summer Dinner; I promise the family will devour these cheesy chicken tacos and ask for them again for another meal!
Ingredients for Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into lengthwise strips
- salsa (We used Pace Picante Sauce, Medium.)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Green Tabasco Sauce, plus more to add at the table if desired
- fresh-squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice.)
- cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- diced green chiles with juice
- grated Mexican Blend cheese, plus about 3/4 cup more for serving tacos
- taco-sized low-carb flour tortillas (I used my favorite whole wheat low-carb tortillas.)
- Sliced olives for serving (optional)
- Sliced green onions for serving (optional)
- Other toppings as desired such as salsa, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, avocado, or guacamole
Get the complete recipe for Low-Carb Cheese Chicken Tacos from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
More Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Use the index page for From Kalyn’s Kitchen to see all the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen that have been featured on this site