Slow Cooker (or Stovetop) Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup with Ham can cook all day; serve this tasty soup with a drizzle of sherry vinegar for added flavor!
Have you joined the kale fan club yet? Dark leafy greens like kale have more nutrition than any other type of food, and if you haven’t cooked with kale much yet using it in soup like this is a good way to give it a try. The slow cooking sweetens the kale, and this Slow Cooker (or Stovetop) Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup with Ham from Kalyn’s Kitchen might be just the dish to introduce your family to kale!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker (or Stovetop) Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup with Ham:
- onion, finely chopped
- minced garlic
- dark green kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- cannellini beans
- diced ham
- ham stock + chicken stock (or use 6 cups chicken stock plus some ham flavor base)
- ham flavor base (optional, but recommended if using chicken stock)
- water (plus more for stovetop cooking)
- red pepper flakes to taste (I used just a pinch)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste (I used a lot of pepper)
- Spanish sherry vinegar or other mild vinegar for serving (optional, but just a small amount of vinegar drizzled on the soup when serving added a lot of interesting flavor)
Get the complete recipe for Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup with Ham and Sherry Vinegar from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Want More Recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen?
Use the Index Page for Kalyn’s Kitchento see all the slow cooker or pressure cooker recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen that have been featured on this site.