This Chicken and Sausage Stew was inspired by gluten-free chicken Andouille sausage I found at Costco and this was so tasty! And you can make this recipe in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot.
It’s December, and you may be feeling the need for a little comfort food! If so, I can highly recommend this Chicken and Sausage Stew from Kalyn’s Kitchen. This stew recipe is slightly spicy from chicken Andouille sausage and creamy from cream cheese and tastes wonderful served over cauliflower rice. And if you don’t care about the carbs, it would be wonderful with regular rice as well.
And this extra-flavorful stew has been updated so now you can choose whether to make it in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot. And if you like just-spicy-enough Creole flavors, I bet you’re going to love this for a comforting dinner when it’s cold outside!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- Amylu Chicken Andouille Sausage or other pre-cooked chicken or turkey sausage
- Roasted Red Peppers in a jar (affiliate link)
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- dried oregano
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning (affiliate link) or other Creole seasoning of your choice
- canned chicken broth (affiliate link) or homemade chicken stock, simmered to reduce for slow cooker method
- cream cheese
- cornstarch (affiliate link), for Instant Pot version, optional
- green onions for serving (optional but recommended)
- cauliflower rice for serving, optional
Why is this recipe a favorite for me?
I’ve been to New Orleans a few times and have come to love the slightly spice flavors of Creole food, and this creamy and slightly stew is a perfect comforting meal for my tastebuds.
Recommended Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Size:
More Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Use From Kalyn’s Kitchen to find my other slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes that have been featured on this site!
Get this recipe on Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Get the complete recipe for this tasty Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Stew at Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Still Hungry for Sausage Recipes?
Use the index for Sausage and Meatballs to see all the slow cooker and Instant Pot sausage recipes that have been featured on this site.