If you don’t have leftover turkey, please use chicken to make this Slow Cooker Turkey Soup with Spinach and Lemon. You will not regret it!
It’s been a while since I shared one of the From Kalyn’s Kitchen recipes on the homepage here. But it’s the day after Thanksgiving, and this Slow Cooker Turkey Soup with Spinach and Lemon is so good; if you’re lucky enough to have some leftover turkey after Thanksgiving you must try this soup!
Through the years I’ve made this tasty turkey soup with orzo like you see in the photos, but it’s equally delicious with cauliflower rice if you’d prefer turkey soup with fewer carbs. And you can also make this tasty soup with chicken if you don’t have any leftover turkey.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- homemade turkey stock, homemade chicken stock, or canned chicken broth (affiliate link)
- Poultry Seasoning (affiliate link)
- Dried Thyme (affiliate link)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Turkey Soup Base (affiliate link), optional but recommended
- carrots, preferably organic carrots that don’t need to be peeled
- whole wheat orzo (or cauliflower rice)
- diced cooked turkey or chicken
- spinach leaves
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
What size slow cooker did I use?
I used a Crock-Pot 5-Quart Smart-Pot Slow Cooker (affiliate link) but a slightly smaller size will work.
Why is this recipe a favorite for me?
My fondness for this recipe comes from the way I love to use the turkey carcass and make homemade turkey stock and turn it into soup. But even if you have to make this with canned chicken broth, the poultry seasoning, thyme, and lemon juice make this a turkey soup recipe that’s loaded with flavor!
More Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Use From Kalyn’s Kitchen to find my other slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes that have been featured on this site!
Get this recipe on Kalyn’s Kitchen:
Get the complete recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey Soup with Spinach and Lemon from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Want more ideas for turkey Soup?
Check out Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Turkey Soup Recipes to see 18 tasty options for turkey soup!