This site was created to promote healthy slow cooker recipes found on food blogs around the web.
I'm Kalyn Denny, a long time food blogger and slow cooker fan. (I currently have 11 slow cookers, and am always looking for more ways to use them!) I'm a retired elementary school teacher who's now busy as a full-time food blogger and many days you'll find me trying new recipes and photographing the food for my main site Kalyn's Kitchen. I have 39 nieces and nephews and more great nieces and nephews than I can keep track of, and being Aunt Kalyn is one of my favorite pastimes.
Why I started this site:
I want this site is to be a resource for anyone looking for healthier slow cooker recipes using whole food ingredients. I started Slow Cooker from Scratch because I was getting requests for more slow cooker recipes on Kalyn's Kitchen, and often the requests asked for the kind of "from scratch" slow cooker recipes you see here. I realized that many of my food blogging friends were posting the same type of healthier slow cooker recipes, and that a site like this could help people find them.Check out the list of all the great blogs who have had a recipe featured here.
Blogs Featured on this Site:
Blogs Featured on this Site:
What I Mean by From-Scratch:
In particular, I don't feature recipes that include canned soup, dry soup mix, packaged seasoning mixes, dessert mixes, or other highly processed and artificially flavored ingredients. I love recipes that use things like homemade stock, beans cooked from scratch, and fresh vegetables and herbs, but some recipes here may use real-food convenience products such as canned beans, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, canned broth, canned vegetables, frozen vegetables, salsa, sun-dried tomatoes, dried herbs, dried fruit, jam, preserves and other similar products.
How to Contact Me:
You can write to me at kalynskitchen (at) comcast (dot) net. (That address needs to be converted to regular e-mail format.) I'm always interested in hearing from other slow cooker enthusiasts, but questions about individual recipes should be addressed to the site where the recipe was originally published.
Reaching Me Through Social Media:
- If you're on Facebook, you can reach me through the Slow Cooker From Scratch Facebook Page.
- You can also follow Slow Cooker from Scratch on Google+ or Follow Slow Cooker From Scratch on Blog Lovin'.
- I can't maintain two Twitter or Instagram personas, so if you follow me there you'll also get updates about Kalyn's Kitchen, my primary blog. (You can use the hashtag #SlowCookerFromScratch to find things from here on both those sites. If you make a recipe from here and post on Twitter or Instagram, please use that hashtag so I'll see it!)
- I also don't have a separate account on Pinterest, but there is a Slow Cooker from Scratch Pinterest Board where every new recipe gets posted.
- Subscribe by e-mail and get an e-mail for each new recipe post, or if you prefer, you can subscribe and get one each mail each Sunday with posts for that week.
- Subscribe to Slow Cooker from Scratch by RSS reader
Since the purpose of this site is to promote healthy slow cooker recipes that are already online, Slow Cooker From Scratch doesn't publish cookbook reviews or accept sample products of any type.