This post can lead you to all you need to know about How to Cook Dried Beans in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot. And Cinco de Mayo is coming up and you might want some beans for a Mexican side dish, so enjoy!
This post is a Public Service Announcement for anyone who still buys canned beans! I promise that once you learn How to Cook Dried Beans in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot you might never go back to buying canned beans again.
And the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot beans are not only much less expensive, but cooked-from-scratch dried beans are so much tastier than the ones that come in a can. And cooking dried beans in a slow cooker or Instant Pot is so easy!
I hope once you’ve looked around a bit at all the bean-cooking information I’ve gathered here you’ll get excited about cooking beans from scratch in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot. Enjoy the recipes!
Cooking Dried Beans in a Slow Cooker:
If you’re a slow cooker fan, check out the very popular post with tips for cooking dried beans in a slow cooker from Kalyn’s Kitchen, including a comparison of cooking times for soaked or un-soaked beans. There are also some thoughts there about why I think fresh-cooked beans are so much better than canned one, and ideas for using the beans. Check out all the Dried Beans Recipes at Kalyn’s Kitchen if you want more ideas for beans.
Cooking Dried Beans in the Instant Pot:
If you prefer using the Instant Pot, my friend Letty from Letty’s Kitchen is definitely an expert on Instant Pot Beans. Letty has a great post on How to Cook Pinto Beans in a Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot, as well as great tips for Instant Pot Garbanzo Beans or Instant Pot Black Beans. Check out Legumes Recipes at Letty’s blog for more ideas for dried beans.
Dried Beans Recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Spicy Black Beans with Cilantro
- Instant Pot Mexican Beans
- Instant Pot Copycat Recipes for Rubios Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- CrockPot Anasazi Bean and Cabbage Soup
Vegetarian Dried Beans from Letty’s Kitchen:
- Spaghetti Squash with Chile-Spiced Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Pozole
- Mexican Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Spicy Instant Pot Chard and Pinto Bean Risotto
- Spicy Black Bean Chili with Hearty Greens
More Dried Beans Recipes You Might Like:
- 10 Amazing Recipes for Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Vegetarian Mexican Beans
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipes for Mexican Beans
- Slow Cooker Recipes with Black Beans
- Instant Pot Black Beans Recipes