This post has delicious and easy to make French Onion Soup Recipes using the slow cooker or the Instant Pot! And there’s also a bonus section with other recipes that have the amazing French Onion flavors.
During college I worked at a now-closed Salt Lake City restaurant called Le Parisien, and I still have happy memories of the French Onion Soup they served there, something I ate pretty much every time I worked! This round-up has amazing-looking French Onion Soup Recipes so you can make this restaurant-favorite dish at home using the slow cooker or the Instant Pot!
And if you’re a fan of those tasty French Onion flavors, check out the bonus recipes at the end for some other dishes besides soup that have the flavors that you love in French Onion Soup!
What kind of recipes will you find here?
There are classic from-scratch French Onion Soup recipes here and some using canned soup or packets of French Onion Soup mix, so take your choice on that. And because so many people love those flavors in soup, we’re also sharing some tasty-looking recipes with French Onion Flavors!
How do you get the complete recipe?
Just click any recipe title to see the complete recipe on the original site, and enjoy! All photos are copyrighted to the blogger who posted the recipe.
Instant Pot French Onion Soup:
Instant Pot French Onion Soup from Simply Recipes looks amazing and easy to make, and this recipe recommends the Gruyere cheese that’s traditionally used in France.
Instant Pot French Onion Soup from Eazy Peazy Meals can also be made in a slow cooker, this soup sounds easy!
Instant Pot French Onion Soup from Shugary Sweets tops the soup with plenty of bread and cheese, which is an idea lots of people are probably going to like!
More French Onion Soup in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup from Sweet and Savory Meals
- Instant Pot Easy French Onion Soup from Tidbits
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup from The Typical Mom
- Low-Carb French Onion Soup from Fit Slow Cooker Queen
- Pressure Cooker French Onion Soup from Kitschen Cat
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup:
Slow Cooker Lighter French Onion Soup from Mountain Mama Cooks starts out by caramelizing the onions right in the slow cooker. The soup cooks all day on low and when you’re ready to eat, you dish the soup into individual bowls and melt the cheese under the broiler.
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Creme de la Crumb uses Gruyere cheese, but Tiffany says Swiss Cheese is also delicious if expensive French cheese isn’t in the budget for you!
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Diethood also looks cheesy and delicious and Katerina gives you both a slower and quicker option for making it.
More French Onion Soup in the Slow Cooker:
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Slender Kitchen
- How to Make French Onion Soup in the Slow Cooker from The Kitchn
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Crockpot French Onion Soup from The Novice Chef
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions and French Onion Soup from Foodie with Family
Other Dinner Ideas with French Onion Flavors:
Instant Pot French Onion Chicken from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking has those French Onion flavors so many people love in a main dish with chicken! Don’t you think that looks amazing?
Easy Slow Cooker French Onion Meatballs from Simple Nourished Living use canned French Onion Soup to add amazing flavor to meatballs!
French Onion Pressure Cooker Roast from The Typical Mom sounds like a tasty way to add French onion flavors to pot roast, and Justine says her kids love this beef served in tacos!
More Recipes with French Onion Soup Flavors:
- Slow Cooker French Onion Pork from Recipes that Crock
- Slow Cooker French Onion Pot Roast from The Little Kitchen
- Crock Pot French Onion Beef Casserole from Recipes that Crock
- French Onion French Dip Sandwiches from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking
- Slow Cooker French Onion Beef Stroganoff from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking